Wyatts Are Your Motor Vehicle Accident and CTP Compensation Lawyers
Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident? Are you making a CTP compensation claim? Wyatts Compensation Lawyers can help you achieve a successful CTP claim for a motor vehicle accident.
Call 1800 773 880!
Are you a cyclist who was injured by a motor vehicle?
Were you a driver or passenger injured in a car accident?
Are you a pedestrian who was hit by a motor vehicle?
Are you the victim of someone else’s negligent driving?
Was your family member the victim of a motor vehicle accident?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident – either as a driver or passenger – then you are entitled to compensation. You can also claim compensation if you were a cyclist or pedestrian that was hit by a car or another motor vehicle (e.g. truck, motorbike, bus).
Under New South Wales law, compensation is available for victims of accidents that involve not only cars or motorbikes, but also public transport vehicles (buses, trains, taxis), bicycles, boats (including ferries), helicopters and airplanes. Ultimately, if you have been injured, or have acquired a disability due to an accident involving a motor vehicle, you are entitled to claim for compensation.
Owners of vehicles that require registration with the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) must take out Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, otherwise known as a Green Slip. A Green Slip provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident through the State Insurance Regulatory Authority.
- If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident and you were not at fault, you can claim compensation for costs associated with your medical treatment and rehabilitation, lost income, domestic assistance, and in some instances, pain and suffering.
- If you were at fault and you have sustained an injury, you may be able to claim up to $5000 for medical costs incurred and income lost within the first 6 months after the accidents.
- If you are the close relative of someone that has died in a motor vehicle accident, and another driver was partially or completely at fault, you may be able to claim compensation.
- If you sustained a severe injury, you may be eligible for icare (Insurance & Care, NSW). The icare lifetime care scheme provides rehabilitation and other forms of care for people who have sustained spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, have undergone an amputation, or have acquired other severe injuries.
If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible to claim compensation, please contact Wyatts today for a thorough and personalised consultation.
CTP payout amounts depend on the nature and severity of your injury, and your life circumstances; for instance, whether or not you were working at the time of the accident.
In NSW, motor vehicle accident compensation payouts can cover:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital, medical, pharmaceutical and physiotherapy. You may also claim for the transport costs associated with seeking treatment.
- Loss of past and future income, typically paid as a lump sum when the CTP payment claim is finalised.
- If you have been seriously injured, you can also claim for the costs of support services, including the in-home care and domestic support.
- If you have sustained a serious injury that resulted in permanent impairment, you may be eligible to claim compensation payments for pain and suffering.
If you have experienced the tragic loss of a close relative in a motor vehicle accident, and the accident was the partial or complete fault of another driver, you may be able to claim compensation. A close relative can be a spouse, sibling, parent or a child. Payments can cover medical expenses, funeral costs, loss of financial support from the deceases loved-one, and the loss of services (e.g. parental care for a child).
We understand that victims of motor vehicle accidents, and the families of those who have lost their lives in an accident, can feel overwhelmed. That is why we are here to offer you a compassionate and attentive service. Please contact Wyatts today to talk to one of our compensation lawyers.
Claiming compensation through the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Scheme can be confusing, and can feel overwhelming at a time when you are at your most vulnerable.
- A lawyer will support you by working towards a successful and timely CTP payment claim.
- They will arrange the necessary medico-legal appointments, and neuropsychological assessments for those that have sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- A good legal team will provide you with thorough and personalised advice when you are making your CTP payment claim.
- They will listen to your concerns and treat you with respect.
- A lawyer will ensure that you have provided sufficient and accurate information to support your CTP payment claim.
- They will represent you if a dispute with an insurance company arises.
Ultimately, a lawyer will work on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation and support that you deserve. If you are submitting a compensation claim, please contact the friendly and high-experienced team at Wyatts Compensation Lawyers. We are here to help you get back on track!
If you have sustained an injury or acquired a disability because of an accident that happened while you were traveling for work, you can make a Workers Compensation claim. Whether you were traveling on a bus, a train or a ferry, or you were in your own or a company car, your employer will probably have worker’s compensation insurance for your travel.
If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible for workers compensation, or motor vehicle accident compensation, please contact Wyatts today. We have extensive experience in Workers Compensation, motor vehicle accident compensation and personal injury claims, and can provide you with the advice you need so that you can take the next step towards getting the compensation you deserve.
WIN WITH WYATTS COMPENSATION LAWYERS
More than $30million recovered in one case.
At Wyatts we have achieved this result not once, but twice when serious injuries have occurred.
We know how to get the best and biggest results. Others might claim big results but we are record holders.