Motor Accidents and CTP

Auto Accident Attorney

Were you or was someone you love injured in a car accident, hurt on the road, or hit by a car?

Are you the victim of someone else’s negligent driving?

Were you in an accident that wasn’t your fault?

Call us on 1800 773 880 or Make an Enquiry.

Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation

If you or someone in your family is injured in a road accident involving a car or motorbike, if you are a cyclist or pedestrian and you are hit by a car, if you have suffered because of an accident involving any motor vehicle, you can claim compensation. The law requires drivers in NSW to carry Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance. Even if you were partly at fault in an accident, with the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer, you can still make a claim for a compensation payout. This could help ease your pain and assist your recovery.

Our roads aren’t always safe, but under NSW law, you can claim compensation for injuries caused by accidents involving not only cars or motorbikes, but also public transport vehicles (buses, trains, taxis, trams), bicycles, boats (including ferries), helicopters and planes. You are eligible for compensation if you were driving any of these vehicles or if you were a passenger. You can also claim compensation if you were injured as a pedestrian, or if you became involved in an accident in another way. You can still make a claim even if you were partly at fault. Ultimately, you are eligible if you were injured or disabled and experienced pain and suffering.

Accidents like these are covered by the Motor Vehicles Accidents Act (1988) and are managed by the Motor Accidents Authority (MAA).

Injuries caused by accidents involving transport, like a car crash, being hit by a car, or being injured on public transport, can often have a major impact on your future. The help of experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers can relieve a lot of that pain. At Wyatts we understand your experience and can give you the legal support and advice you need.

What can I claim compensation for after a motor vehicle accident?

If you are injured by a motor vehicle, especially because of someone else’s negligent driving, you could claim compensation for many reasons, including:

  • Costs of rehabilitation and medical treatment
  • Future costs of long-term care
  • Wage loss, past and future
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of superannuation benefits, past and future
  • Legal costs

If you have suffered injury because of someone else’s negligence, call or email us now.

Auto Accident LawyersHow much motor vehicle accident compensation am I entitled to?

In road accident cases, whether you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist, there are two kinds of compensation: Economic Loss and Non-Economic Loss.

Economic Loss refers to the earnings you have lost because of time off work after the accident. To be eligible for compensation for Economic Loss, you need to prove you have lost some of your earnings by showing payslips, tax documents or invoices.

Non-Economic Loss refers to payouts for medical care, pain and suffering. In NSW, you are eligible for up to $477,000 but the exact amount will depend on your particular situation.

Even if you were partly at fault in an accident, you can still claim compensation if it led to financial loss.

Can I claim compensation for an accident that happened while I was traveling for work?

Yes. If you have experienced pain, suffering or disability because of an accident that happened while you were on your way to work or from work, or you were traveling for reasons related to work, you can make a Workers Compensation claim. Whether you were traveling on a bus, a train or a ferry, or you were on the road in your own car or a company car, your employer will probably have worker’s compensation insurance for your travel. At Wyatts we are highly experienced in Workers Compensation and personal injury claims.

How do I make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim?

Motor vehicle accident claims, like all compensation cases, carry strict time limits. Often you have to make a claim within 3 years of the day the accident happened. If you are eligible for compensation, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. To contact the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Wyatts, call 1800 773 880 or email us via our contact form to make a free appointment for a first consultation. Our motor vehicle accident claims specialists can assist you 24/7.

The first thing that will happen is that an initial motor accident claim will be lodged immediately, which will allow payment of your medical costs up to $5000.

Your motor vehicle accident compensation case will also greatly benefit from the following action:

  • If the police aren’t already involved, report the accident to police
  • Obtain contact details of the other driver, details of their vehicle (registration number, car model, etc.) and the details of their insurer
  • Obtain contact details of anyone who witnessed the accident

Compensation Lawyer SydneyWhy choose Wyatts as your motor accident solicitors?

Wyatts have more than 50 years of combined experience in personal injury cases. On our staff we have accredited specialists in personal injury law, as well as a team working specifically on motor vehicle accidents and CTP payment claims. Experience and dedication are vital in compensation law because insurers often fight back hard against compensation claims and every detail of your case needs to be argued very strongly.

Being hurt or disabled in a road accident is always distressing, but Wyatts take pride in offering clients personal legal service, getting results that help with recovery and alleviation of pain. Our service is focused on our clients. We’ll never treat you like a number.

Every first consultation with us is free for all CTP payment claims and if you are disabled we will travel to your home, no matter where you live. Wyatts Compensation Lawyers have five offices, conveniently located in the Sydney CBD, Rockdale, Parramatta and Liverpool. You can book an appointment for our Sydney CBD or Parramatta offices by calling Wyatts at any time on 1800 773 880. You’ll find the best auto accident attorney right here at Wyatt’s.

The Wyatts motor vehicle accident and personal injury lawyers can assist you 24/7, in whatever language you speak. We have a multilingual team and have in-house Mandarin and Tagalog translators. We can also arrange translators for other languages at any time.

And for motor vehicle accident and personal injury claims, our policy is No Win, No Fee.

Call Wyatts Compensation Lawyers today on 1800 773 880 or book an appointment.


More than $30million recovered in one case.

At Wyatts we have achieved this result not once, but twice when serious injuries have occurred.

We know how to get the best and biggest results.  Others might claim big results but we are record holders.


There are a number of different pieces of legislation governing the various types of compensation claims.
Wyatts provide advice & representation across all areas of compensation law, including:

Motor Accidents and CTP

Workers Compensation

Public Liability

Medical Negligence

Superannuation / TPD

Victims of Sexual Assault


Your Name*

Your Email*

Phone Number*

Your Message*

We pride ourselves on providing a personalised and attentive service to all our clients.

We listen. We care.



There are a number of different pieces of legislation governing the various types of compensation claims.
Wyatts provide advice & representation across all areas of compensation law, including:

Motor Accidents and CTP

Workers Compensation

Public Liability

Medical Negligence

Superannuation / TPD

Victims of Sexual Assault





Wyatts have a team of 8 compensation lawyers including an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, and can provide legal advice in a number of other languages including Mandarin. Wyatts have 4 offices and operate right across the Sydney metropolitan area.  

Julie Wyatt Director, Compensation Lawyer

Julie Wyatt

Director, Compensation Lawyer

Neville Wyatt - Director, Wyatts Compensation Lawyers, Accredited Specialist in personal Injury Law, Military Compensation Lawyer

Neville Wyatt

Director, Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law

Mitchell Broom - Personal Injury Lawyer

Mitchell Broom

Compensation Lawyer

Eunice Lee - Compensation Lawyer, public liability, motor accidents, medical negligence, workers comp

Eunice Lee

Compensation Lawyer

Denis Shultz - Compensation Lawyer Sydney

Denis Shultz

Compensation Lawyer

Compensation Lawyer Sydney

Monique Smiles

Compensation Lawyer

Maryam dehsabzi

Maryam Dehsabzi

Compensation Lawyer

Skye McKinnon - Paralegal - supports the lawyers with all CTP, medical negligence, workers compensation and public liability matters

Skye McKinnon


Dan Wilkinson Compensation Lawyer

Dan Wilkinson

Compensation Lawyer

Maree Beaver - Office Manager - supports lawyers with all CTP, medical negligence, workers compensation, public liability and superannuation matters

Maree Beaver

Senior Administrative Assistant / Office Manager