Car Accident Compensation | No Win No Fee


Wyatts Are Your Car Accident Compensation Lawyers

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers are highly experienced Compulsory Third-Party (CTP) and car accident lawyers. If you are looking for car accident lawyers that will treat you with respect and will offer you a personalised service, contact us today!

We Listen and We Care.

Car accident compensation is not just about the money, it’s also about getting you back on your feet. We understand that a motor vehicle accident can be a traumatic experience and we are here to help every step of the way.

At Wyatts, we are dedicated to providing access to justice for those who have been injured.

Do you fit into any of these?

A cyclist injured by a car?

A driver or passenger injured in a motor accident?

A pedestrian hit by a car?

The victim of someone else’s negligent driving?

Was your family member the victim of a motor accident?

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident – either as a driver or passenger – then you are entitled to car accident compensation. You can also make a motor vehicle accident claim if you were a cyclist or pedestrian that was hit by a car.

Under New South Wales law, compensation is available for victims of a motor accident through the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance scheme. Ultimately, if you have been injured, or have acquired a disability due to a motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to a compensation claim.

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident involving another kind of registered motor vehicle (e.g. boat, bus, helicopter, aeroplane), then you may also be entitled to make a motor vehicle accident claim.

Car Accident Compensation - Personal Injury Lawyers Sydney
car accident claims

How to Claim Car Accident Compensation:

  1. Call us for a free consultation. We will get to know you and understand your situation.
  2. We will act for you on a “no win, no fee” basis. That means there is nothing to pay upfront or along the way, you only incur legal fees if you win.
  3. We will review your claim, and your medical documentation and obtain an expert opinion from an experienced doctor who will confirm the extent and impact of your injuries.
  4. We will prepare your claim for compensation to get you the best outcome possible and secure your future.

Were you a passenger/pedestrian/cyclist involved in an accident?

You may be surprised to learn that you could be owed money from a car accident, even if you weren’t driving!

The reason for this is that the compensation plan doesn’t only apply to those injured in a motor accident.

For example, in New South Wales, the Motor Accident claims Compensation Scheme covers passengers injured in car accidents, pedestrians crossing the road, cyclists and pillion passengers on motorbikes.

Even if the car that caused the accident was uninsured, unregistered or its driver unidentified, people who were not injured in motor vehicle accidents are not automatically excluded from making motor vehicle accident claims.

Our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers are Highly Experienced

Our car accident lawyers practice across the nation. We know the insurance companies and how to get ahead of their tactics to minimise compensation payouts. We have the resources and knowledge to achieve the best possible outcome – helping you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to and get you back on your feet.

As your motor vehicle accident lawyers, we aim to give you a clear understanding of your situation and how we can work together the best we can.

Our car accident lawyers manage motor vehicle accident claims for clients across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.

Some examples of what you can claim after a motor vehicle accident are listed as follows:

  • Compensation for medical expenses, including hospital bills and rehabilitation costs
  • Money to cover pain and suffering
  • Past and future lost earnings or income
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

With our many years of expertise in successful accident claims, we know how to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.

In the 12 months ending May 2022, NSW saw 9,108 reports of motor vehicle accident compensation claims. A total of $821 million was paid out in personal injury benefits and lump sum compensation. That’s an average payout of $90,140 per claim reported. 

The amount you receive for your car accident compensation claim is based on the seriousness of your injuries, which will be classified as either ‘minor’ or ‘non-minor’.  

Minor Injuries (depending on severity of injury) include: 

  • Sore back 
  • Whiplash 
  • Soft tissue and muscle injuries 

Non-minor Injuries include:  

  • Broken bones 
  • Head or brain injury 
  • Injuries that require surgery 
  • Organ Damage 

It is essential to take into consideration that the amount of money you are eligible for from a motor vehicle accident will depend on the extent of your injuries and losses, such as lost wages, medical bills, costs associated with repairing any damage to your vehicle, and possibly even pain and suffering.  

Depending on the state and insurance company you are dealing with, any compensation for property damage may be taken into account when evaluating the amount of money you receive for your losses. As such, it is important to consider all aspects when discussing how much money you may be entitled to from an accident. 

Category Entitlements – overview of car accident compensation benefits: 

Minor Injuries: 

  • Income support 
  • medical expenses 
  • home care expenses (for up to 6 months) 

Non-minor Injuries: 

  • Income support 
  • Medical expenses 
  • Come care expenses (can extend beyond 24 months if there is a claim for damages) 
  • Lump sum payment for past and future lost income 

Non-minor Injuries over 10% permanent impairment: 

  • An additional lump sum for pain and suffering 

You could be eligible for pain and suffering damages, which will be based on the effect your injuries have had on your life. The maximum amount that can be paid out is $595,000. 

You are only eligible for a lump sum payment if you have endured a serious injury and it has resulted in a loss of enjoyment of life.  

This is expressed as a percentage, with 10% being the minimum required to be considered seriously injured. 

Even if you caused a motor vehicle accident, or were partially to blame, you can still claim compensation for the accident as long as:  

  • You weren’t charged with a serious driving offence in connection with the accident, and  
  • You weren’t driving an uninsured vehicle. 

Understanding Common Law Claims

In a road or transport accident case, a common law claim involves taking action against a negligent party. So, if another person was at fault for your accident and you have a serious injury, you may be entitled to claim damages through a common law claim. This is in addition to in to your other Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance entitlements.

For example, if the driver of the other car ran a stop sign, causing the accident, then you may be entitled to common law compensation.

This can compensate you for your pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and past and future financial loss.

Reclaim your quality of life.

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers is one of Sydney’s most experienced personal injury and motor vehicle accident legal firms.

Our highly-qualified and dedicated team has more than 150 years of combined experience – so you know that you will have the best team by your side.

At Wyatt’s, our commitment is to offer every client a comprehensive, personalised and attentive service. We understand that you are more than a “case number” and we will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve.

As your motor vehicle accident lawyers, we aim to give you clarity and peace of mind when it comes to understanding what you are eligible for.

We Listen. We Care. We represent you with commitment.

Car owners must register their vehicles with the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS), and they must take out Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, otherwise known as a Green Slip 

A Green Slip provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident through the State Insurance Regulatory Authority. 

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident and you were not at fault 

You can claim a compensation for costs associated with your medical treatment and rehabilitation, lost income, domestic assistance, and in some instances, pain and suffering. 

If you were at fault and you sustained an injury 

You may be able to claim up to $5000 for medical costs incurred and income lost within the first 6 months after the motor vehicle accidents. 

If you are the close relative of someone that has died in a motor vehicle accident  

If another driver was partially or completely at fault, you may be able to claim a compensation. 

If you sustained a severe injury 

You may be eligible for icare (Insurance & Care, NSW). The icare lifetime care scheme provides rehabilitation and other forms of care for people who have sustained spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, have undergone an amputation, or have acquired other severe injuries due to a motor vehicle accident. 

If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible to claim motor vehicle accident compensation, please contact Wyatts today for a thorough and personalised consultation. 

Motor Vehicle accidents while travelling for work.

If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident while you were travelling for work, as a driver or passenger, you may be able to claim a compensation through the Workers Compensation Scheme. 

Your CTP payment claim amount depends on the nature and severity of your injury, and your life circumstances at the time of the accident, for instance, whether or not you were working. 

Car accident compensation payments can cover: 

  • Loss of past and future income, typically paid as a lump sum when the CTP payment claim is finalised. 
  • The costs of support services, including in-home care and domestic support. 
  • Payments for pain and suffering. 
  • Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses – these may include a variety of services, such as hospital stays, medical examinations and treatments, prescription medications, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and other forms of therapeutic interventions.  
  • The cost of transport related to seeking out medical/rehabilitation treatment. This might include the cost of travelling between hospitals or specialist clinics by public or private transport, taxis or other types of transportation.  
  • In some cases, an individual may be eligible for financial assistance in order to cover the cost of medical treatments and rehabilitation services. It is important to check with your local government or health insurance provider on what type of assistance is available. Depending on your circumstances, it may be possible to access subsidies or reimbursements for medical treatments and rehabilitation expenses incurred throughout the course of treatment. Furthermore, there are a range of organizations that provide support and advice to those looking for financial assistance when it comes to covering medical treatment and rehabilitation costs. 

If you have lost a close relative in a motor accident, you may be entitled to claim compensation. 

If you have experienced the tragic loss of a close relative in a motor accident, and the accident was the partial or complete fault of another driver, you may be able to claim compensation.  

A close relative can be a spouse, sibling, parent or child. Payments can cover medical expenses, funeral costs, loss of financial support from the deceased loved one, and the loss of services (e.g. parental care for a child). 

We understand that victims of motor vehicle accidents, and the families of those who have lost their lives in an accident, can feel overwhelmed. That is why we are here to offer you compassionate and attentive service. Please contact Wyatts today to talk to one of our compensation lawyers. 

If you were injured or disabled because of a motor vehicle accident that happened while you were travelling for work (e.g. travelling between client appointments or jobs), you may be entitled to claim through the Workers Compensation Scheme. 

If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible for worker’s compensation, or car accident compensation, please contact Wyatts today.  

We have extensive experience in Worker’s Compensation, car accident compensation and personal injury claims, and can provide you with the advice you need so that you can take the next step towards getting the compensation you deserve. 

Claiming a motor vehicle accident compensation through the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Scheme can be confusing, and can feel overwhelming at a time when you are at your most vulnerable. As your motor vehicle accident lawyers, we aim to give you clarity. 

  • A lawyer will support you by working towards a successful and timely CTP payment claim. 
  • They will arrange the necessary medico-legal appointments and neuropsychological assessments for those that have sustained a traumatic brain injury. 
  • A good legal team will provide you with thorough and personalised advice when you are making your CTP payment claim. 
  • They will listen to your concerns and treat you with respect. 
  • A lawyer will ensure that you have provided sufficient and accurate information to support your CTP payment claim. 
  • They will represent you if a dispute with an insurance company arises. 

Ultimately, a lawyer will work on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation and support that you deserve. If you are submitting a motor vehicle accident compensation claim, please contact the friendly and high-experienced team at Wyatts Compensation Lawyers. We are here to help you get back on track! 

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers offer:

Free initial consultation for compensation claims

A No Win, No Fee policy

Consultation in your preferred language

Six conveniently located offices in the Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Liverpool, Rockdale, Toowoomba and Brisbane

In-home consultation – If you are unable to travel, we will come to you!!

Wyatts are your Car Accident Compensation Lawyers

Lodging a CTP payment claim after a motor vehicle accident can be complex and may be overwhelming at a time when you are at your most vulnerable.  Our specialised team of car accident lawyers have the knowledge and expertise to assist you in making a car accident compensation claim.  Our compensation lawyers also have the determination and skill to represent you during mediation or litigation in court. Our resolve is to secure your future by obtaining the best possible outcome. 

No Win, No Fee Policy: 

Remember to ask for more information about our No Win, No Fee policy. 

Get Started With A Free Case Evaluation Today!

    Which Australian Office Are You Closest To? (required)


    Law Society of NSW

    Contact Us

    Wyatts Compensation Lawyers
    Sydney Office (Head Office)

    Level 2/299 Elizabeth Street
    Sydney, NSW 2000

    Phone: 1800 773 880

    Wyatts Compensation Lawyers

    Copyright © 2023 Wyatts Compensation Lawyers | *Conditions apply | Sitemap

    Back To Top