Wyatts Are Your Financial Services Dispute Lawyers
Have you lost money because of poor financial advice? Wyatts Compensation Lawyers offer help with financial services disputes and negligent or fraudulent financial advice.
If you are looking to make a claim against a bank or financial planner because of bad investment advice, contact us now!
Have you lost money because of bad investment advice?
Have you lost money because of financial malpractice?
Has your bank or financial institution acted fraudulently?
Have you lost money because your financial institution engaged in misconduct or negligence?
Are you one of the estimated 2.4 million Aussies who seek financial advice to get a leg up?
Whether you are saving for your first home, planning your children’s future or getting ready for a comfortable retirement, your financial planner or advisor is required to give professional and appropriate advice which matches your circumstances.
Unfortunately, the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry has exposed the reality of financial advice in Australia. Many banks, financial services companies, financial planners and advisors are providing poor advice that is unethical, does not match the circumstances of their clients, and isn’t in their clients’ best interest.
If your life savings or superannuation balance takes a hit, or you are in a worse situation as a result of bad financial advice, you may be able to recover compensation. The experienced team at Wyatts has helped many Australians get back on their feet, and we are here to help you if you have been the victim of poor financial advice. Our financial dispute lawyers will represent you with expertise, commitment and personalised attention.
Financial planners and advisors owe you a duty of care.
A person or organisation who provides you financial advice is required to give you advice which is in your best interests, including:
- Assessing your needs, tolerance to taking risks, and knowledge of investments and shares;
- Provide you a Statement of Advice in writing, and obtain your consent and agreement to their recommendations before making any changes to your financial situation;
- Provide you further written advice if your situation changes, or they wish to change or review their advice;
- Disclose all fees, charges, insurance premiums and commissions to you upfront, and on a regular ongoing basis;
- Tell you about any conflicts of interest;
- Provide their service with due care and skill;
- Inform you of your rights, responsibilities and the risks associated with the advice they are providing you;
- Comply with the law and industry standards;
- Not engage in unconscionable, misleading or deceptive conduct.
Wyatts Compensation Lawyers can help with financial services disputes!
If you have been led astray by your financial advisor, you may have a claim for financial negligence compensation. Contact us and our friendly lawyers can:
- Offer an obligation-free consultation to assess your situation;
- Assist you in making a claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS);
- Assist you in pursuing Court proceedings;
- Provide you with professional financial advice dispute services under our No Win, No Fee arrangement.