Accidents that cause injury and distress can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, an accident can have a profound and negative impact on your quality of life; and on the wellbeing of your family. This is particularly the case when the injuries are catastrophic.
Catastrophic injuries include, but are not limited to, quadriplegia, paraplegia, tetraplegia, amputation of a limb, severe burns, blindness and major brain injuries. Victims of catastrophic injuries caused by the negligence of another person are entitled to claim compensation to cover ongoing and substantial costs associated with treatment and care.
Catastrophic Injury Compensation can cover both economic and non-economic costs:
- Loss of past and future income
- Medical, hospital, ambulance, rehabilitation and other treatment-related expenses
- Modifications to the home or to transport, e.g. wheelchair ramps, support aids
- Where appropriate, vocational training to help victims gets back to work
- Costs of household assistance and the provision of in-home care
- Provision of artificial limbs
- Respite care
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Legal costs
Wyatts Compensation Lawyers have the knowledge, skills and expertise to help you attain the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers understand your distress and are here to help you with attentive care, kindness and compassion.