Comprehensive Third Party (CTP) Lawyers


Your CTP Claims Guide

Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident? Are you making a CTP compensation claim? Wyatts Compensation Lawyers are your CTP lawyers. We can help you achieve a successful CTP claim for motor accidents, offering free legal advice, as experienced CTP claim lawyers. Call 1800 773 880!

Are you a cyclist who was injured by a motor vehicle?
Were you a driver or passenger injured in a car accident?
Are you a pedestrian who was hit by a motor vehicle?
Are you the victim of someone else’s negligent driving?
Was your family member the victim of a motor vehicle accident?

What is CTP Insurance?

Comprehensive third-party insurance (CTP) is motor vehicle insurance providing protection for the policyholder should an accident involving another vehicle occur. In New South Wales (NSW), all registered vehicles must have CTP insurance, often known as compulsory third-party insurance. Your CTP insurer will help cover personal injury, medical expenses, and vehicle or property damage due to vehicle accidents.

The team at Wyatts are here to help you secure the CTP compensation claim you deserve.

Start Your Free Case Evaluation Now

Compulsory Third-Party Claim Eligibility

The answer to the question “Am I eligible for a compulsory third party claim?” is yes, if you meet certain criteria. In NSW, you are eligible to make a compulsory third-party claim if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident – either as a driver or passenger. You can also claim compensation if you were a cyclist or pedestrian that was hit by a car or another motor vehicle (e.g. truck, motorbike, bus).

Under New South Wales law, compensation is available for victims of accidents that involve not only cars or motorbikes but also public transport vehicles (buses, trains, taxis), bicycles, boats (including ferries), helicopters and aeroplanes. Ultimately, if you have been injured, or have acquired a disability due to an accident involving a motor vehicle, you are entitled to claim compensation.

To know your CTP eligibility in QLD, click here.

The most common types of compensation sought in a CTP claim include medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering from injuries or ongoing injuries, out-of-pocket expenses and other non-economic losses. It is vital to seek legal representation early on as insurance companies will generally try to pay out as little as possible.

The team at Wyatt’s are here to help you secure the CTP compensation claim you deserve.

Making a CTP Insurance Claim

Starting your CTP claim is a simple process.

Contact us and tell us about your CTP claim
We will take the time to get to know you, understand your injuries and your needs
We will explain what you are entitled to claim and offer to start your claim
Once you decide to proceed with our CTP Compensation Lawyers, we will begin to work on your CTP Claim.

How much will my CTP Claim cost me?

We offer a free initial consultation for CTP compensation claims, with a No Win, No Fee policy.

We will provide your consultation in your preferred language, and have six conveniently located offices in the Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Liverpool, Brisbane and Melbourne. We also offer In-home consultation – If you are unable to travel, we will come to you!!

Frequently Asked Questions

There are many questions our clients ask during the CTP claim process. Here are answers to some of these questions when it comes to compulsory third-party CTP.

Owners of vehicles that require registration with the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) must take out Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, otherwise known as a Green Slip. A Green Slip provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident through the State Insurance Regulatory Authority.

  • If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident and you were not at fault, you can claim compensation for costs associated with your medical treatment and rehabilitation, lost income, domestic assistance, and in some instances, pain and suffering.
  • If you were at fault and you have sustained an injury, you may be able to claim up to $5000 for medical costs incurred and income lost within the first 6 months after the accidents.
  • If you are the close relative of someone that has died in a motor vehicle accident, and another driver was partially or completely at fault, you may be able to claim compensation.
  • If you sustained a severe injury, you may be eligible for icare (Insurance & Care, NSW). The icare lifetime care scheme provides rehabilitation and other forms of care for people who have sustained spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, have undergone an amputation, or have acquired other severe injuries.

If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible to claim compensation, please contact Wyatts today for a thorough and personalised consultation.

To receive all the statutory benefits you are entitled to, including having your wages back-paid to the date of accident, you’ll need to submit your application for personal injury benefits within 28 days of the accident.

If you lodge your claim after 28 days, but within 3 months of the date of the accident, you will only receive statutory benefits from the date that the claim is lodged.

If you lodge your claim after 3 months from the date of the accident, you can still claim for compensation, however, you will need to provide a full and satisfactory explanation for the delay in lodging the claim.

If any crucial detail about your injuries is overlooked, you could potentially miss out on receiving a lump sum payment you’re entitled to. To ensure you achieve the best possible outcome, Wyatts will ensure you are placed with a specialist car accident lawyer who will work with you and your family to build a personal relationship and understand your injuries and needs. Our highly skilled team look beyond your obvious injuries to ensure that during the CTP claims process you receive everything you’re entitled to and achieve maximum compensation. Ensuring you have the right team behind you who will investigate and assess your CTP claim in detail can make a big difference to the amount of compensation you receive.

CTP payout amounts depend on the nature and severity of your injury, and your life circumstances; for instance, whether or not you were working at the time of the accident.

In NSW, motor vehicle accident compensation payouts can cover:

  • Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital, medical, pharmaceutical and physiotherapy. You may also claim for the transport costs associated with seeking treatment.
  • Loss of past and future income, typically paid as a lump sum when the CTP payment claim is finalised.
  • If you have been seriously injured, you can also claim for the costs of support services, including the in-home care and domestic support.
  • If you have sustained a serious injury that resulted in permanent impairment, you may be eligible to claim compensation payments for pain and suffering.

If you have experienced the tragic loss of a close relative in a motor vehicle accident, and the accident was the partial or complete fault of another driver, you may be able to claim compensation. A close relative can be a spouse, sibling, parent or a child. Payments can cover medical expenses, funeral costs, loss of financial support from the deceases loved-one, and the loss of services (e.g. parental care for a child).

We understand that victims of motor vehicle accidents, and the families of those who have lost their lives in an accident, can feel overwhelmed. That is why we are here to offer you a compassionate and attentive service. Please contact Wyatts today to talk to one of our compensation lawyers.

Category of Injury  Your Entitlements
Minor injury
  • Income support, medical and home care expenses for up to 6 months
Non-minor injury
  • Income support, medical and home care expenses that can extend beyond 24 months if there is a claim for damages
  • A lump sum for past and future lost income
Non-minor injury over 10% permanent impairment
  • An additional lump sum for pain and suffering

Claiming compensation through the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Scheme can be confusing, and can feel overwhelming at a time when you are at your most vulnerable.

  • CTP Lawyers will support you by working towards a successful and timely CTP claim.
  • They will arrange the necessary medico-legal appointments and neuropsychological assessments for those that have sustained a traumatic brain injury.
  • A good legal team will provide you with thorough and personalised advice when you are making your CTP claim.
  • They will listen to your concerns and treat you with respect.
  • A lawyer will ensure that you have provided sufficient and accurate information to support your CTP claim.
  • They will represent you if a dispute with an insurance company arises.

Ultimately, a lawyer will work on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation and support that you deserve. If you are submitting a compensation claim, please contact the friendly and high-experienced team at Wyatts Compensation Lawyers. We are here to help you get back on track!

If you have sustained an injury or acquired a disability because of an accident that happened while you were traveling for work, you can make a Workers Compensation claim. Whether you were traveling on a bus, a train or a ferry, or you were in your own or a company car, your employer will probably have worker’s compensation insurance for your travel.

If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible for workers compensation, or motor vehicle accident compensation, please contact Wyatts today. We have extensive experience in Workers Compensation, motor vehicle accident compensation and personal injury claims, and can provide you with the advice you need so that you can take the next step towards getting the compensation you deserve.

Wyatts are your Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers

Lodging a CTP payment claim can be complex and may be overwhelming at a time when you are at your most vulnerable. Our specialised team of compensation lawyers have the knowledge and expertise to assist you in making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim. Our compensation lawyers also have the determination and skill to represent you during mediation or litigation in court. Our resolve is to secure your future by obtaining the best possible outcome.

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers have multiple offices conveniently located in the Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Liverpool, Brisbane and Melbourne. Call Wyatts today on 1800 773 880 or contact us via our online form for an attentive and personalised service. Remember to ask for more information about our No Win, No Fee policy.

Law Society of NSW

Contact Us

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers
Sydney Office (Head Office)

Level 2/299 Elizabeth Street
Sydney, NSW 2000

Phone: 1800 773 880

Wyatts Compensation Lawyers

Copyright © 2024 Wyatts Compensation Lawyers | *Conditions apply | Sitemap

Back To Top